Leadership & Partnerships
The mission is governed by a five-member Board of Directors, as elected during the First Annual Conference held in Louisville, Kentucky on March 31, 2013.
The following individuals serve as founding Directors:
- Rev. John Deng Ater – president; Louisville, Kentucky
- Rev. Daniel Deng Mapur – vice president; Fargo North Dakota
- Rev. Samuel GoiMajak – Treasurer; Fargo North Dakota
- Rev. John Deng Makuach – Secretary; Lansing Michigan
- Rev. Abraham Machar Panyagor - Youth and Children Ministry Chairman; Louisville, Kentucky
The mission has also created two sub-ministries.
- Youth and Children Ministry is led by an ordained priest and assisted by six active teachers equally elected from the participating regions.
- A Women's Ministry will be led by representatives from each region and will be associated with the Lutheran Women's Missionary League (LWML). A chairperson will be named at a later date. SSLCM will also seek partnerships with LCMS World Relief and Lutheran World Relief.
Head of Mission Outreach and Church Relations/Missions Director
The SSLCM vision is to connect people to the saving grace of Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and to share the doctrine of the LCMS. The Rev. Dr. Curtis H. Peters, pastor of Resurrection Lutheran Church, Louisville, KY, is serving as a mentor for SSLCM. Under his leadership, he not only provides guidance, but also serves as a link to the LCMS Indiana District and the national church body. Rev. Peters will assist with church planting, evangelism, education and training, and the development of short and long-term mission trips to South Sudan.
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2:10)